Friday, January 16, 2009

Perspective


My church started this cool idea that I love, "My One Word is a simple exercise to help you start your year with vision. Instead of resolving not to do all the bad things you did last year, we want to see what we hope God will do in us, then sum it up with a single word."
Whatever your beliefs, this is a really great alternative to the ubiquitous diet and exercise plans plastered across every magazine cover out there. This year my word is Perspective. My life is a series of unknowns right now which is scary and disorienting for someone who likes to have everything under control. But I am trying to focus on beign positive and remembering that I have so much to be grateful for. One of my favorite sources of inspiration lately has been in CJane and NieNie. These women and their families are amazing. You should definitely go visit. Happy (belated) 2009.

No comments: